- Booking Information.Terms and conditions.
- Environmental Green Policy
- About Our Location at Field House and High Barn
- Business Travellers. Individual holiday makers
- Cottages for Two
- Travel Directions
- Cycling Holidays, Bike Hire, Cycle Routes
- Code of Conduct for dogs
- Holidays in East Yorkshire
- Castles, Houses And Gardens
- Attractions and Activities
- Our Top 10 Value Eating Places
- Live Like A Local
- Done everything in the area?
- Yorkshire Coast Nature-wildlife tours & events
- Adventurous Activities in the Area
- Golfer's East Coast Passport Offer
- Access Policy.
- Rainy Days?
- Eat like a king - Our Top Choices
- Our Top 10 Country Pubs
- Reasons to stay at Field House
- Privacy Notice
In this section, you will find useful information to assist you in planning your self-catering cottage holiday in Yorkshire.
We have a superb location near Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast, within easy reach of Pickering, Scarborough, Whitby and York.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
High Barn Holiday Cottages
A finalist in Visit England Self-Catering Provider 2015, these stunning holiday cottages are tranquil, private, surrounded by natural beauty and close to the Heritage Coast. Watch nesting barn owls on our web-cam!
York Old Brewery
Hop Store, Malt House, Brew House
Please visit our 5-Star luxury self-catering holiday apartments with private parking in York city centre, just a short stroll from York Minster.
Field House Farm Holiday Cottages Information
Live Like A Local
We have found that many of our guests like to support well-loved local businesses. Here's a selection of some of our favourites.
- Higginsons Bakery, High Street, Old Town. Great bakers, super quality ham. Rolls made up for you while you wait. Speciality breads
- Croziers Butchers High Street, Old Town. Helpful butchers. Not the cheapest in the town, but always reliable.
- St Quentin's Creamery. Local milk. can be purchased from Bempton Post Office. They also produce milk puddings, desserts. Also, Bempton Post Office. Martin is very helpful and we encourage visitors to buy their papers from him.
- The Side Oven Bakery. Foston on the Wold. Mornings only. Bread, pastries, croissants, apple juice, muesli. Totally organic and lovely quality.
- Wold Top Brewery. Near Hunmanby. Farmers and brewers. Purchase direct from the on-farm brewery or in many local shops.
- Fish and Chips Many excellent establishments in Bridlington and surrounding villages. 149 on Marton Road, which has won 'Best Fish and Chip Shop in Britain' and North Beach Fisheries on the sea front.
- Local Farmers' Market. Malton, Humber Bridge.
- Marton Manor Farm. Local eggs. Soft fruit. Pick your own. Farm shop
- Reighton Nurseries Hardy plants. Well priced. A bit haphazard, but fun to hunt out a bargain.
- Marshall's shoes. A long established business.
- Sterchi's, Filey or Bonnetts, Huntriss Row, Scarborough. Delicious home-made chocolates.
- Taste of the Sea, Bridlington Harbour. Fresh fish. Often open on a Sunday too
- Eastfield Nurseries Two good cafes,deli and Yorkshire produce.
- Flamborough, North Landing Locally caught shellfish.
- Thompson's, St John's Road, Bridlington. Hardware. An Aladdin's Cave.