- Booking Information.Terms and conditions.
- Environmental Green Policy
- About Our Location at Field House and High Barn
- Business Travellers. Individual holiday makers
- Cottages for Two
- Travel Directions
- Cycling Holidays, Bike Hire, Cycle Routes
- Code of Conduct for Dogs
- Holidays in East Yorkshire
- Castles, Houses And Gardens
- Attractions and Activities
- Our Top 10 Value Eating Places
- Live Like A Local
- Done everything in the area?
- Yorkshire Coast Nature-wildlife tours & events
- Adventurous Activities in the Area
- Golfer's East Coast Passport Offer
- Access Policy.
- Rainy Days?
- Eat like a king - Our Top Choices
- Our Top 10 Country Pubs
- Reasons to stay at Field House
- Privacy Notice
In this section, you will find useful information to assist you in planning your self-catering cottage holiday in Yorkshire.
We have a superb location near Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast, within easy reach of Pickering, Scarborough, Whitby and York.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
High Barn Holiday Cottages
Why not take a look at High Barn Cottages?
York Old Brewery
Hop Store, Malt House, Brew House
Why not take a look at The York Old Brewery?
Field House Farm Holiday Cottages Information
Attractions and Activities
Visitor Attractions, Museums And Other Activities In Yorkshire
Yorkshire really can't be beaten for the range of attractions and activities on offer. There is something for everyone - the choice is enormous. The following are all within a 30 to 60 minutes drive from our holiday cottages, with a few further afield.
- Beverley Racecourse - our nearest. Yorkshire has more racecourses than any other county
- Eden Camp - a really interesting day out. Original 2nd World War POW accommodation, now housing a museum to those who lived and worked there. Great for all ages.
- Flamingoland, Pickering. Yorkshire's answer to Alton Towers, but with the bonus of a really good zoo.
- Hull's Museum Quarter - more free museums than you can cope with in a week
- Lightwater Valley- a little further away, but a super amusement park
- York Designer Outlet- excellent shopping bargains.
- North York Moors Steam Railway - as featured in the Harry Potter films. Not to be missed.
- North Yorkshire Moors - great for picnics, hiking, cycling. Just a beautiful stretch of countryside
- Robin Hood's Bay - atmospheric, historic smuggler's haunt
- Playdale Farm, Cayton. For the little ones in the family
- York - at least a day, probably two. A perfect city for the visitor
- The Deep, Hull. An amazing aquarium inside an iconic building.
- The Yorkshire Wolds - unspoilt and largely unknown