- Booking Information.Terms and conditions.
- Environmental Green Policy
- About Our Location at Field House and High Barn
- Business Travellers. Individual holiday makers
- Cottages for Two
- Travel Directions
- Cycling Holidays, Bike Hire, Cycle Routes
- Code of Conduct for dogs
- Holidays in East Yorkshire
- Castles, Houses And Gardens
- Attractions and Activities
- Our Top 10 Value Eating Places
- Live Like A Local
- Done everything in the area?
- Yorkshire Coast Nature-wildlife tours & events
- Adventurous Activities in the Area
- Golfer's East Coast Passport Offer
- Access Policy.
- Rainy Days?
- Eat like a king - Our Top Choices
- Our Top 10 Country Pubs
- Reasons to stay at Field House
- Privacy Notice
In this section, you will find useful information to assist you in planning your self-catering cottage holiday in Yorkshire.
We have a superb location near Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast, within easy reach of Pickering, Scarborough, Whitby and York.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
High Barn Holiday Cottages
A finalist in Visit England Self-Catering Provider 2015, these stunning holiday cottages are tranquil, private, surrounded by natural beauty and close to the Heritage Coast. Watch nesting barn owls on our web-cam!
York Old Brewery
Hop Store, Malt House, Brew House
Please visit our 5-Star luxury self-catering holiday apartments with private parking in York city centre, just a short stroll from York Minster.
Field House Farm Holiday Cottages Information
Code of Conduct for dogs
DOG CODE OF CONDUCT AT FIELD HOUSE
1. On arrival please keep your dog on the lead while you unpack and get your bearings. It'll take a few minutes to get to know the site and we'll show you where best to walk with your dog. One other set of guests may have a dog also and we very often have young children in the cottages, so control is important at all times.
2. We have two friendly cats, Bea Bea and Ambrose who tolerate our own dog, Jess. If your dog has any problem with cats, you must notify us prior to booking and we may ask you not to bring him or her.
3. There will always be other guests and farm animals on site - free- range chickens, sheep and lambs, cows and their calves so, whilst on-site, you must keep your dog on a lead around the properties, the farm buildings and in the nearby fields containing livestock. We will always direct you to suitable places, where your dog may be let off the lead, provided they are under your control. They must not chase any wildlife or livestock. Please note our fields are home to wild deer and hare, which can prove irresistible to previously 'model' pets.
4. Dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms or on any sofa or chairs. We can provide a stair gate which will help control where your dog can wander in the cottage and a dog's towel to dry wet fur (on request.) We will have to levy an extra cleaning charge/damage levy if beds, sofas or carpeted areas suffer use from your dog.
5. You must let us know in advance if you're intending on bringing your dog. All dogs must be booked in by prior agreement. Any dog that has not been booked in may not be allowed to stay and you will need to book them into a local kennel. We charge £5.00 per night for a dog and allow one dog in either Hind's Cottage or The Byre. No other cottage is suitable for a dog because of large areas of ground floor carpeting.
6. Your dog must not be left alone with free run of the property. We welcome guests bringing their dog crates and will happily allow your dog to be left in it's own crate for a short period.
7. We regret that dogs that bark continuously are not allowed at Field House. They will disturb other guests.
8. When you bring a muddy dog back from a walk, please clean them off using the outside tap in the courtyard, plus the dog-towel provided. Please on no account use the towels provided for human use.
9. Poop patrol! When you take you dog for a walk, please pick up after your dog, including in our fields, as they are open to all guests. Please dispose of poops in the outside green( not blue or brown) bins whatever the weather. You will find a supply of small white plastic bags under your sink.
10. If you have a puppy, please take extra care. They will chew the furniture or soft furnishings here in our lovely cottages. Maintaining our 4 and 5 Star Gold grading is key to our business and we can't always repair things. If something has to be replaced, we will charge you. Dog cages prevent such occurrences.
11.The Countryside Code must be followed so please keep your dog under close control at all times for their own safety and the comfort of others. Please close any gate behind you.
12. Please give the cottage a basic clean and remove as much of the dog hair as possible. If properties require serious additional cleaning, we will have to charge a £50.00 fee to cover the cost.